1) What is the function of IKBN?
IKBN serves as a Skills Training Centre to train skills and craftsmanship in vocational training trough the syllabus and the ‘course of study’ that fits the Ministry of Youth and Sports Malaysia policy.
2) How to apply?
There are 2 intake a year and will be advertised in the newspapers and IKBN Naka portal. Application is online through the official website http://upu.mohe.gov.my//
3) When the intake of IKBN?
Intake is in January and July each year.
4) What are the entry requirements?
- Age between 18-30 years old when applying and at least completed form 5. (Priority is to candidates who pass the English, science and mathematics at SPM/SPMV)
- No criminal record
- Have not completed the training in the same field from any skills institutions.
*Except the candidate who applying for the course to a higher level of existing or course (SLC 02) Penjaga Jentera Elektrik A1 or course (SLC 3) Penjaga Jentera Elektrik A4 or course (SLC 04) Penjaga Jentera Elektrik AO.
- Applicants who are currently undergoing training at any training institutions and not completed training / skills not obtained level 2/3 SKM certificates are not allowed to apply for the next level.
- Willing to undergo the required training until the end and follow the rules that have been or will be fixed.
5) Are the students are given their allowance?
Each student will be paid an allowance between RM100-RM300 according to their course and level of study.
6) What about accommodations and meals?
Food and accommodation will be funded by Ministry of Youth and Sports during the training period.
7) What are the other facilities available at the IKBN Naka?
IKBN Naka providing all training skills, theory classes, Agama Islam, computers, English, entrepreneurship, moral and constitutional. IKBN Naka also provides all sports and leisure facilities. Learning tools are also provided free of charge. In addition, IKBN also provides uniform including shoes.
8) Is the tuition fees have to be paid every semester?
Tuition fees have to be paid only once at the time of registration according to their course.